The Weymouth Seaside Express with 5029 Nunney Castle

Are you a budding railway photographer? Want to share your work? It's like the screenshots forum, except it's meant to be shots of the real ones!

Moderator: Moderators

The Weymouth Seaside Express with 5029 Nunney Castle

Postby Will on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

This video is hosted by YouTube, a site which is outside of the editorial control of UKTrainSim and as such Parental Control is strongly advised.
To view the video, click on the PLAY button.
If you click anywhere else on this video, you will be taken to a YouTube page, where you may find yourself subjected to content that you feel is offensive.
If you feel THIS video is inappropriate, please report it to a moderator immediately for prompt action.

5029 Nunney Castle puts on a superb preformance as per usual, as she works 1Z92 in the morning, and 1Z93 in the evening.

Initially, 5029 bounds her way up the incline out of Trowbridge towards Westbury and onwards, making some great noise, again, as usual, and bang on time, passing me at 0944am, departing Trowbridge at 0942am.

On the return, she was 16 minutes late departing Weymouth, due to her not being filled up with water quick enough, somebody's mess-up caused this I suspect. I had to move camera shots and re-position my location to a more suitable one, and one where there was lighting! I didn't zoom in or out on the evening run as I was worried the camera would blur the shot. Luckily, thanks to keeping it still, it didn't blur and I got the best shot I could given the cirumstances. Nunney Castle was going rather slowly through Freshford, but making some superb GWR noise. Overall, another well worth day following 5029.
Will
Very Active Forum Member

Return to Railway Photography