railworksproc 2.exe has stopped working

General discussion about RailWorks, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

railworksproc 2.exe has stopped working

Postby ar1zonachris on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:18 pm

First off, hello. I bought this sim several months ago and it had been working fine. 2 weeks ago or thereabouts, I decided to finally get the GS4 add on. Installed it and ran it on a free roam route. Then I saw GTraX had 4 freeware routes for the GS4 and I downloaded and installed them. After that the sim started locking up anytime I selected a route. Any route at all. Gets to that route's loading screen, the red bar at the bottom stops after 30 seconds and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out. I don't get the "something bad has happened" until I open Task Manager. It will sit on the loading screen forever if I let it. And RailWorks won't let me save a .dmp file. That screen is unresponsive.

I've been trying with the help of my friends on the Steam Forums to get this running, to no avail. I am about ready to reinstall Win 7, which I really don't look forward to.

My system specs are in my Signature. What I have tried so far: uninstall and reinstall the sim. Verified the game files. Updated video card drivers. Rolled back video card drivers. Updated DirectX. Made sure all the mainboard drivers including the Realtek sound are up to date. Uninstalled several programs that had been installed just before the sim stopped working (with the exception of Bioshock 2) Ran C Cleaner and used the Registry cleaning mode. Ran Spy Bot, Malwarebytes, and Anti Vir. Did a "repair" of Win 7.

My rig runs every other game just fine, including most recently Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Avatar and maybe one or two other that I can't think of right now. I'm at my wits end, I don't look forward to reinstalling 229Gb of Windows, programs and files, so any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
1)TA790XE, Phenom II 940, 4Gb G Skill PC8500, EVGA GTX260 core 216, 500Gb SATA II, LG DVD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM

and 5 other quad core rigs running Folding @ Home 24/7
ar1zonachris
New to the Forums

Re: railworksproc 2.exe has stopped working

Postby CaptScarlet on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:34 pm

ar1zonachris wrote:First off, hello. I bought this sim several months ago and it had been working fine. 2 weeks ago or thereabouts, I decided to finally get the GS4 add on. Installed it and ran it on a free roam route. Then I saw GTraX had 4 freeware routes for the GS4 and I downloaded and installed them. After that the sim started locking up anytime I selected a route. Any route at all. Gets to that route's loading screen, the red bar at the bottom stops after 30 seconds and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out. I don't get the "something bad has happened" until I open Task Manager. It will sit on the loading screen forever if I let it. And RailWorks won't let me save a .dmp file. That screen is unresponsive.

I've been trying with the help of my friends on the Steam Forums to get this running, to no avail. I am about ready to reinstall Win 7, which I really don't look forward to.

My system specs are in my Signature. What I have tried so far: uninstall and reinstall the sim. Verified the game files. Updated video card drivers. Rolled back video card drivers. Updated DirectX. Made sure all the mainboard drivers including the Realtek sound are up to date. Uninstalled several programs that had been installed just before the sim stopped working (with the exception of Bioshock 2) Ran C Cleaner and used the Registry cleaning mode. Ran Spy Bot, Malwarebytes, and Anti Vir. Did a "repair" of Win 7.

My rig runs every other game just fine, including most recently Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Avatar and maybe one or two other that I can't think of right now. I'm at my wits end, I don't look forward to reinstalling 229Gb of Windows, programs and files, so any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hi, if you are talking about the scenarios listed on the Gtrax web site then you may be missing some rolling stock. In case you haven't already you should try RW tools which might help in telling you what is wrong and if anything is missing. http://www.rstools.info/page9.html

It is donation ware but has a free trial period but it is well worth a donation if you like it.

John
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Postby ar1zonachris on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi, John. No, I am thinking that those scenarios that I installed may have for some reason caused RailWorks to stop working. I cannot get any scenario to run. RailWorks won't load any scenario, period.
ar1zonachris
New to the Forums

Postby CaptScarlet on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 pm

ar1zonachris wrote:Hi, John. No, I am thinking that those scenarios that I installed may have for some reason caused RailWorks to stop working. I cannot get any scenario to run. RailWorks won't load any scenario, period.

Well I have installed them with no problem but irrespective of that if you try RW tools it should be able to help find the problem whether it is missing content or a maybe a rouge zero byte file

John
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Postby transadelaide on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 am

ar1zonachris wrote:Hi, John. No, I am thinking that those scenarios that I installed may have for some reason caused RailWorks to stop working. I cannot get any scenario to run. RailWorks won't load any scenario, period.

No problems with those scenarios here, and there are not any zero byte files involved in any G-TraX content. It is other content that is causing your issues, so how about try deleting the whole railworks folder and downloading it again as a clean install of only the core and any DLC downloaded from Steam. Then add on extra stuff you want gradually and find out what is the problem.
transadelaide
Very Active Forum Member

Postby ar1zonachris on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:00 pm

transadelaide wrote:

No problems with those scenarios here, and there are not any zero byte files involved in any G-TraX content. It is other content that is causing your issues, so how about try deleting the whole railworks folder and downloading it again as a clean install of only the core and any DLC downloaded from Steam. Then add on extra stuff you want gradually and find out what is the problem.

OK, I can try that, but, everything was fine until I downloaded and installed the GS4 add on, and I have since removed it from my assets list. I'll try anything at this point. Thank you, sir. :wink:
ar1zonachris
New to the Forums

Return to [RW] General RW Discussion